Saturday, January 9, 2010

An Afternoon With - Julian May

By Michael Jordan.

"Back at base there was a frantic rush to cut the grass, weed around fences and trees, set up tables and chairs and fire up the barbie. As the local fan base began to arrive I opted to prepare a salad in the kitchen and greet the guests. Have you ever tried to make potato salad with semi cooked potatoes? As I battled through this task, Janice popped her head into the kitchen and said there was someone she wanted me to meet. A woman of middle aged appearance walked in, dressed in white cotton slacks and a matching jacket. She still wore her wraparound Elvis Presley type sunglasses. "Hello," she chimed, "I’m Julian". I’d like to think that with all my confidence, university education and professional experience that I could have responded with more than three little words: "Oh my God!" I still can’t believe it."


4 out of 5

http://web.archive.org/web/20040105063744/http://home.vicnet.net.au/~msfc/jmay.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment